ORTOFON 2M Black LVB250
The new Ortofon Exclusive 2M Black LVB 250 model
Ortofon’s 2M Black flagship is widely recognized as one of the best MM cartridges on the market, but being the best doesn’t mean at Ortofon they can’t get even better.
Advantages of high-end materials
The 2M Black LVB 250 is based on the concepts of its predecessor, the 2M Black, but goes one step further to enhance the capabilities and technical excellence of the cartridge.
The 2M Black LVB 250 uses a Nude Shibata diamond on a Boron cantilever, a combination already familiar from the highly acclaimed MC Cadenza Black pickup.
The slim, highly polished Profithe Nude Shibata needle allows for an extremely wide contact area with the groove walls and provides remarkably detailed reproduction across the entire spectrum, including the highest frequencies.
The use of an extremely stiff and lightweight boron cantilever provides remarkable transparency, speed and responsiveness.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz – < 1 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz – > 27 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz – 15 dB
- Frequency response – 20-20,000 + 2 / – 1 dB
- Tracking power at 315Hz with recommended tracking force – 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral – 22 µm/mN
- Pickup type – Nude Shibata
- Radius of the pickup tip – r/R 6/50 µm
- Material of the boom – boron
- Range of sensing force – 1.5-1.7 g (15-17 mN)
- Recommended scanning force – 1.6 g (16 mN)
- Tracking angle – 20
- Internal impedance, DC resistance – 1.2 kOhm
- Internal inductance – 630 mH
- Recommended load resistance – 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance – 150-300 pF
- Cartridge color, cabinet- black/black
- Weight of the pickup – 7.2 g
- Replacement stylus unit – 2M Black LVB 250