ORTOFON DS-3 Digital tonearm scale
Ortofon DS-3 – a high-precision digital pen pressure meter
DS-3 is a new, lightweight, compact digital pen gauge model. The DS-3 is an ultra-precise, non-magnetic miniature instrument that tunes your tonearm to the highest possible level. The DS-3 balance is pre-calibrated at the factory for high-precision measurements with a tolerance of +/-0.01 g.
Use of the DS-3
- Switch on the device by pressing the ON key. The display shows 0000.
- Press the UNIT key to select the unit of measurement. The default setting is gram/g.
- Place the stylus on the measuring plate on the right side of the device. The display starts to flash. It stops flashing when the measurement is complete. The value displayed on the screen is the needle pressure.
- The display screen will automatically dim to economy mode after 5 seconds of inactivity and turn off after 60 seconds of inactivity.
- When a battery is empty, a LO indicator flashes on the screen. Then replace both batteries.
- PCS button scales count by calculating the average weight of a unit weight, called a unit weight, and then applying it to the total weight of what you are trying to count. First weigh a PC, then the bundle, then press the PCS key and the display will show a number of PCS.
- Protect the device from high temperatures, dust and moisture
- Carefully lower the measuring object onto the measuring plate
- Operating temperature range +10°C – +30°C
- Do not place any objects weighing more than 200 g on the measuring plate
- Do not place the device on an uneven surface as this may result in inaccurate measurements
- Measures the contact force of the pickup
- 4-digit LCD display
- Measuring range 0g-2,000g (0-20,000mN)
- Automatic calibration of the measuring cell
- Automatic shutdown after 60 seconds
- Battery type: 2 x AAA (batteries included in delivery