AVM CS 8.3
The CS 8.3 at a glance
The CS 8.3 combines the award-winning technologies of the AVM OVATION series in a master-class all-in-one device with powerful sound. The CS 8.3 also offers a complete selection in terms of equipment and connection options: All common streaming formats are supported – a CD drive is also on board. A large selection of other analog and digital connection options is also available.
The OVATION Line tube stages of the CS 8.3 conjure up a pleasant, warm and natural sound. All details are reproduced with unprecedented fidelity and spatiality. This makes completely relaxed long-term listening a matter of course. All this with all music genres. The CS 8.3’s extremely powerful power amplifiers deliver up to 500 watts / channel, so any Speaker can be selected and driven with ease, at any desired volume.
The modular design principle of the OVATION Line is used for the first time in an all-in-one. For example, the DA converter is installed on an easily replaceable plug-in module. Even today, this 4-way DA converter can convert digital signals up to 384kHz/32bit and also DSD formats into analog music signals that are virtually exactly the same as the original. Digital music playback is undergoing rapid change and progress. If one day new digital formats or higher resolutions become available, the DA converter can easily be upgraded. This also makes the CS 8.3 upgradeable in its hardware – so the model is already equipped for the future. Special attention was also paid to the authentic playback of CDs. The acoustically encapsulated Slot-in PureCD drive is spring-mounted and thus efficiently protected against disruptive vibrations.
In terms of design, the CS 8.3 is also in the best AVM tradition and impresses with its appearance that is reduced to the essentials. The perfectly crafted brushed aluminum case is joined without any noticeable screw connections. Here, the technology of the CS 8.3 is housed in a solid aluminum case. This elaborate multi-chamber design protects individual parts of the complex Electronic from unwanted interference or sound-impairing interference. Precision is emphasized in every detail here. The chrome-plated knobs, including the axles, are turned from solid in one piece and then held in position by ball bearings. Through the lid of the CS 8.3, the tube stages can be observed at their glowing work. Like all components of the OVATION Line, the CS 8.3 is delivered in an AVM flight case. Both silver and black are available as standard versions. The chrome knobs can also be selected in other finishes if desired. Other individual designs are possible upon request.
- TEAC Pure CD drive
- CS 8.3: OVATION 803 T
- Analog inputs: 1 x RCA, 1 x XLR
- Analog outputs: 1 x Line/Fix Out RCA, 1 x Pre/Var Out XLR, 1 x Pre/Var Out RCA
- Digital inputs: 1 x S/PDIF Coax, 2 x S/PDIF Optical, 1 x USB A (Stick/HDD), 1 x USB B
- Digital outputs: 1 x S/PDIF Coax, 1 x S/PDIF Optical
- Bluetooth: HiFi Bluetooth (4.2 standard)
- DSD: DSD128 (5.6 MHz) via USB B
- Music Streaming: AirPlay 2, Roon Ready, Spotify Connect, HIGHRESAUDIO / QOBUZ / TIDAL (HiRes quality), UPnP
- Multiroom: Multiroom and party mode sync with all RC X app-compatible models
- Radio: Web radio via Airable Internet Radio Station Database (automatic updates)
- Network: Ethernet (10/100Mbps), Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) 2.4/5GHz
- Balance, Bass, Treble, scalable Loudness
- 2 x 500 W [4Ω]
- Class-A 6.35 mm
- 2 x 3.5 mm
- 1 pair
- RC X App for iOS & Android
- RC 9 RF/IR remote control with color display (programmable)
- Aluminum Silver, Aluminum Black, Crystal (CS 8.3), Cellini Chrome
- 355 x 430 x 130 mm (D x W x H)
- 13 kg