DENON PMA 1600NE
HIGHLIGHTS – PMA-1600NE
Denon is one of the few audio brands that consistently develop hi-fi components and maintain, improve and share hi-fi knowledge.
The performance of the PMA-1600NE far surpasses the features of its predecessor, the PMA-15xxAE series. Outstanding manufacturing quality, unique Denon technologies, and state-of-the-art connectivity make the PMA-1600NE a masterpiece of audio engineering.
Thanks to the USB-B input on the rear panel and the integrated high-quality D/A converter, the PMA plays high-resolution files with up to 384 kHz / 32 bit and DSD up to 11.2 MHz directly from the computer in pristine sound quality.
The analog mode of the PMA-1600NE ensures optimal sound quality when playing via the analog inputs. In this mode, all unused sections such as the circuitry for the digital inputs and the display are switched off to ensure undistorted playback.
Amplifier with enhanced ultra high current MOS single push-pull circuitry
The amplifier is equipped with advanced Ultra High Current MOS technology, which provides optimal speaker drive and improves sound quality with a minimal number of high current amplifier elements.
The advanced UHC-MOS is an ideal amplifier whose power supply performance is far superior to bipolar transistors and brings the advantages of MOS-FETs to bear on sound quality.
The enhanced UHC-MOS comes in a single push-pull configuration that eliminates deviations in the amplifier stage and strikes a balance between high performance and musical detail.
This circuit masterfully reproduces the entire sound range from tiny musical nuances to powerful climaxes with rich musical expression.
Cabinet construction with 6 blocks and Direct Mechanical Ground
The cabinet of the PMA-1600NE is divided into six independent blocks. They include the phono input circuit and the phono equalizer, the volume control circuit, the USB D/A converter circuit, the amplifier circuit, the power supply unit and the control unit.
The cabinet made of 1.0 mm thick steel plates protects the signal circuits from external vibrations and prevents unwanted interference effects caused by mutual interference of the circuits.
The power supply unit is located in the center of gravity of the PMA-1600NE. Thus, the component is ideally positioned to prevent unwanted vibrations from affecting the sound quality.
There are heat sinks on both sides. This achieves a uniform mass distribution. The feet must support the heavy weight of the transformer, heat sink and cabinet. They are made of ABS resin and have a rigid ribbed construction.
- Output power of 2 × 140 W (4 Ohm)
- Amplifier with extended ultra high current MOS single push-pull circuit with Schottky diodes
- DAC Master Clock Design
- USB-B port on the back
- Elaborate isolation circuitry to suppress high-frequency noise from the computer via the USB-B input and the digital inputs
- FL display for indication of source and sampling rate
- Analog mode, in which all digital circuits and the display are switched off for optimal sound enjoyment
- Advanced AL32 Processing Plus
- Direct Mechanical Ground
- Product type : Integrated amplifier
- sine power watts per channel (W) : 70
- IR remote control : Yes
- USB interface : Yes
- Quantity Audio IN : 4
- Width (cm) : 43.4
- Height (cm) : 13.5
- Depth (cm) : 41
- weight (kg) : 17.6
- Number of channels : 2
- Hi-Res Audio : Yes
- Sine power (W), per channel : 70
- Music power 8 Ohm (W), per channel : 140
- Signal-to-noise ratio, line (dB) : 108
- Signal-to-noise ratio, phono MC (dB) : 74
- Signal-to-noise ratio, phono MM (dB) : 89
- Distortion factor (%) : 0.01
- Input sensitivity, phono MC (mV) : 0.2
- Input sensitivity, phono MC determined at x KOhm : 0.1
- Input sensitivity, phono MM (mV) : 2.5
- Input sensitivity, phono MM determined at x KOhm : 47
- Input sensitivity, line (mV) : 125
- Input sensitivity, line, determined at x KOhm : 47
- DSD compatible : Yes
- Bass control : Bass control
- Treble control : Treble control
- Balance control : Balance controller
- Remote control : IR remote control
- Dot Matrix Display (DOT) : Yes
- D/A converter (x-bit) : 32
- 384 KHz sampling frequency : Yes
- Headphone jack : Yes
- Quantity Phono MM RCA (IN) : 1
- Number of phono MC RCA (IN) : 1
- Quantity audio (IN) : 4
- Number Digital Optical (IN) : 2
- Number of digital coaxial (IN) : 1
- USB interface : Yes
- LS Cable Attachment : Bi-Wiring Connectors
- Power consumption, operation (W) : 295
- Power consumption, stand-by (W) : 0.2
- Double transformer : Yes