Marantz PM10 S1
The flagship PM-10 integrated amplifier from the Marantz Premium Series sets new standards – not only for all modern music formats, but also for records.
To achieve impressively high quality while providing top-notch performance, each individual amplifier section must be precisely optimized for its tasks, just as it would be with a combination of separate preamplifier and monoblock power amplifiers.
Fully balanced from input to output
By balancing the signal all the way through the amplifier and optimizing the power supply design, Marantz engineers were able to ensure maximum noise reduction throughout the audio path as well as the highest possible signal purity.
The fact that the PM-10 is a pure analog amplifier plays an important role in noise reduction, keeping the signal as pure and clean as possible.
Symmetrical power amplification with bridging
In the PM-10, Marantz focuses on the purest possible sound, as well as the power and dynamics needed to power and control some of the world’s most demanding loudspeakers. For this purpose, the balanced design was applied not only in the preamplifier stage, but also in the power amplifier up to the speaker outputs. The necessary power is provided by means of bridging. This so-called True Balanced Concept guarantees a ground-free signal routing from input to output.
Carefully selected components
Marantz has long been known for selecting the best possible components for its premium products. If a required component cannot be found, it is designed and manufactured in-house.
Trimmed for performance
Like the SA-10 SACD player and D/A converter, the PM-10 is designed to meet the highest demands. Its double-walled, copper-plated chassis effectively counteracts mechanical and electromagnetic interference. The cabinet is made of thick, heavy, non-magnetic aluminum plates. The feet of both products are made of die-cast aluminum to reduce vibration and ensure trouble-free music enjoyment.
- Four power amplifier channels in bridged mode (two switching amplifier modules per channel) for maximum power and perfect speaker control
- Balanced concept from input to loudspeaker for ground-free signal management
- High power: 200 watts per channel at 8 ohms and 400 watts per channel at 4 ohms
- Effortless driving of many different speaker types
- Fully balanced design of all sections in pre- and power amplifier
- Marantz Hyper Dynamic Amplifi er Module (HDAM) in the preamplifier stage
- Dual mono power amplifier confi guration
- Discrete phono stage for MC and MM cartridges, separate shielded cabinet
- Extra strong copper boards for the output stage and the main power supplies
- Product type : Integrated amplifier
- Gold plated jacks : Yes
- Quantity Audio IN : 7
- Width (cm) : 44
- Height (cm) : 16.8
- Depth (cm) : 45.3
- Weight (kg) : 21.5
- Number of channels : 2
- Sine power 4 Ohm, RMS (W), per channel : 400
- Sine power 8 Ohm, RMS (W), per channel : 200
- Frequency response lower limit (Hz) : 50
- Frequency response upper limit (Hz) : 50000
- Signal-to-noise ratio, phono MC (dB) : 76
- Signal-to-noise ratio, phono MM (dB) : 88
- Attenuation factor : 500
- Distortion factor (%) : 0.005
- Input sensitivity, phono MM (mV) : 2.6
- Input sensitivity, phono MM determined at x KOhm : 47
- Remote control : IR system remote control
- Dot Matrix Display (DOT) : Yes
- autom. Stand-by circuit : Yes
- Headphone jack : Yes
- Quantity Phono MM RCA (IN) : 1
- Number of phono MC RCA (IN) : 1
- Quantity audio (IN) : 7
- Quantity audio (OUT) : 1
- Number of balanced XLR (IN) : 2
- Gold plated jacks : Yes
- Power consumption, operation (W) : 270
- Power consumption, stand-by (W) : 0.3
- double mono structure : Yes
- Balanced signal path in the device : Yes
- copper plated chassis : Yes