Pure, powerful Marantz sound
The PM8006 integrated amplifier not only delivers the controlled performance that audiophile music lovers demand, but also produces the warm, musical sound you expect from Marantz.
Current negative feedback
Current feedback preamplification is a well-known circuit technique from Marantz. It is designed to meet the requirements of high-resolution music formats and enables broadband high-speed playback. The impedance at the current feedback point is limited, resulting in a very small phase shift. Marantz amplifiers equipped with current feedback can minimize the need for phase compensation via Negative FeedBack (NFB). This simplifies the signal path and ensures a high flow rate, excellent transient response and first-class sound transparency for the entire bandwidth. Unlike conventional voltage negative feedback, current negative feedback makes power amplifiers insensitive to difficult loudspeaker loads.
Stepless volume control
Redesigned electronic volume control for highest precision and optimal channel separation
Marantz HDAM technology
Marantz has its own circuit boards with discrete circuits so-called Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAMs) developed to replace the conventional ICs. These HDAMs consist of discrete components with short mirrored L/R signal paths. While they perform the same function as IC operational amplifiers, they far surpass them in terms of slew rate and noise reduction. The result is a more dynamic, precise and detailed sound. Over the years, Marantz has developed different HDAMs for the specific needs of players and amplifiers. The PM8006 uses the particularly high-quality SA3 version.
Integrated Amplifier For Maximum Performance
Integrated amplifier with current feedback and 2x 70 watts at 8 ohms RMS
Marantz Musical phono EQ stage
Marantz integrated amplifiers have long been equipped with high-quality phono preamplifiers. With the Marantz Musical phono EQ stage, which is also used in the PM8006, something special has again been thought up for vinyl lovers. The two-stage gain allows for less gain per stage and therefore less distortion. The PM8006 combines Marantz HDAMs with JFETs (junction gate field effect transistors) in the input stage. This increases the input impedance so that the signal path is simplified by omitting coupling capacitors and distortion and noise rustling are minimized. The result is the purest sound that can be heard.
Pure Marantz vinyl sound
Unique Marantz Musical phono EQ stage
Softer, More Typical Marantz Sound
Marantz proprietary HDAM-SA3 (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) circuits
The toroidal transformer offers numerous advantages thanks to its high efficiency and power consumption. Its shape provides extremely low electromagnetic radiation and mechanical vibration. Compared to older transformer models, this achieves significantly improved sound quality.
- Stereo integrated amplifier with current feedback and 2 x 70 W
- Unique Marantz Musical Phono EQ stage
- Patented Marantz HDAM-SA3 circuitry
- Double shielded toroidal transformer and strictly selected components
- Gold-plated inputs and outputs incl. Phono (MM) input
- 2 pairs of original Marantz SPKT-1+ speaker terminals (with A/B switching)
- Triple reinforced base plate
- Elegant “Tri-Tone” tone controls on the cabinet
- Optimal listening pleasure with all music formats – especially with vinyl
- Product type : Integrated amplifier
- Gold plated jacks : Yes
- Quantity Audio IN : 5
- Number of channels : 2
- Sine power 8 Ohm, RMS (W), per channel : 70
- Volume control : Volume knob
- Bass/Mid/Treble control : Yes
- Speaker selector switch : A/B speaker selector switch
- Phono (IN) quantity : 1
- Quantity audio (IN) : 5
- Pre-amplifier output (Pre-OUT) : Yes
- Gold plated jacks : Yes
- Mains transformer with ring coil core : Yes
- Shielded assemblies : Yes
- Vibration damping cabinet: Yes