<h2>D 3020 V2</h2>
Digital integrated amplifier
INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER WITH TRADITION
With the first 3020, NAD succeeded in the 1970s, with more than 1 million units sold, a whole generation of music lovers lasting enthusiasm. With its warm, big and detailed sound, it eclipsed amplifiers that cost up to 10 times as much at the time. And even today, switching to an NAD amplifier is always an excellent idea, because with an NAD amplifier you simply get everything you need for good music listening.
The D 3020 is oriented in its orientation to the original, but catapults the entire concept by using the latest technology skillfully into the 21st century and now in a V2 version with phono connection! The use of the latest technology and the equipment with the most modern connections naturally casts a completely new light on the D 3020. But as with the 1970 original, NAD’s chief developer Björn Erik Edvardsen was responsible for its development. And just like back then, it makes sure, for example, with the D 3020’s 8-channel D/A converter, that you simply get more quality and much more sophisticated technology.
The 3020 also set new standards in the use of measurement technology at that time. Here, laboratory technology does not have the last word in measurement, but at NAD it is always about real performance, real speaker and real music. The PowerDrive technology developed by Edvardsen technology also ensures, for example, in the D 3020 V2 that significantly more power can be provided dynamically without distortion when needed. The amplifier thus sounds much more powerful and has better control. The D 3020 V2 also has a bass EQ option that makes even small speakers sound much bigger.
HybridDigitalTM – Class D amplifier
The D 3020 V2 features the innovative HybridDigitalTM technology is used. This is a self-oscillating Class D amplifier that operates with active negative feedback. This first converts the analog curved input signal into a square wave signal via pulse width modulation (PWM). The musical information is now contained exclusively in the changing pulse width. Since the power transistors thus only require two switching states – on or off – hybrid digital amplifiers work in two different ways.TM Class D amplifiers in contrast to Class A and B technology exceedingly efficient and achieve a power yield of more than 90%.
TOP EQUIPMENT AND FIRST-CLASS SOUND
The D 3020 V2 is equipped with a coaxial and optical digital input, so it can actually be combined with a variety of current digital sources, from CD players to flat-screen TVs. And in addition to the analog RCA input, the D 3020 V2 also features an excellent phono connection with highly accurate RIAA curve, extremely low self-noise and effective infrasonic filter.
With the D 3020 V2, it is also possible to conveniently receive music wirelessly from a smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth aptX in the best possible quality.
30 W per channel doesn’t sound like much at first, but the specification is conservative, as with all NAD amplifiers. When needed, the D 3020 V2 delivers over 100 watts! In addition, the D 3020 V2 is so efficient that it consumes only 20% of the power that a conventional amplifier would require. With a standby consumption of less than 0.5 watts, the D 3020 V2 generally sets standards for the lowest possible values.
- Continuous power 2x 30 watts
- 100 watt dynamic power
- Bluetooth aptX
- MM Phono connector
- Optical and coaxial digital input
- Line-in inputs, headphone jack
- Subwoofer connection, Bass EQ
- IR remote control
- Product type : Integrated amplifier
- sine power watts per channel (W) : 30
- IR remote control : Yes
- Bluetooth interface : Yes
- Subwoofer output : Yes
- Width (cm) : 5.8
- Height (cm) : 18.6
- Depth (cm) : 21.9
- Weight (kg) : 1.4
- Number of channels : 2
- Sine power (W), per channel : 30
- Music power (W), per channel : 100
- Frequency response lower limit (Hz) : 20
- Frequency response upper limit (Hz) : 20000
- Signal-to-noise ratio, line (dB) : 98
- Signal-to-noise ratio, phono MC (dB) : 82
- Signal-to-noise ratio, phono MM (dB) : 76
- Attenuation factor : 300
- Distortion factor (%) : 0.01
- Output impedance (Ohm) : 100
- Bass boost switchable : Yes
- Remote control : IR remote control
- D/A converter (x-bit) : 24
- 192 KHz sampling frequency : Yes
- Bluetooth interface : Yes
- Headphone jack : Yes
- Quantity Phono MM RCA (IN) : 1
- Quantity rear line (IN) : 1
- Pre-amplifier output (Pre-OUT) : Yes
- Subwoofer (OUT) : Yes
- Number Digital Optical (IN) : 1
- Number of digital coaxial (IN) : 1
- LS cable attachment : screw terminals for LS cable
- Power consumption, stand-by (W) : 0.5