Dynamic and quality.
A dynamic master class
Throughout the development process, the Brio has been carefully improved in every way, from the quality of materials to the manufacturing process, to make the new Brio another step in the evolution and design of Rega amplifiers.
Important improvements have been made to the circuits. The PCB layout has been completely redesigned to meet higher specifications for all critical parts. A second raw power supply was added to provide further isolation between the output stage and the driver stage/line and phono amplifier.
This improves isolation between the high and low level signal stages of the amplifier. MUSES operational amplifiers with higher specification were used in the line and phono amplifier.
Brand new cabinet
The sleek and minimal design was developed to add elegance to the classic Rega style, but at the same time recalls the eye-catching features hidden in the earlier Rega amplifiers. The combination of all these aspects makes the Brio case a unique selling point among competitors.
The Brio has the ability to drive standard HiFi headphones through the internal amplifier. Adding a headphone jack was only possible because Rega found a way to reduce its impact on the main signal path so that it would not affect the overall sound quality. Rega have paid special attention to the switch that disables the main speakers.
Multiple award winner
Two-time Product of the Year, Hi-Fi Choice Editors Choice, The Ear.net Best Buy, and Lyd and Bilde Product of the Year.
- Output power: 2x 50W effective at 8 ohms (58W single) 2x 73W effective at 4 ohms (93W single)
- Input sensitivity phono: 2.1mV at 47kOhm (parallel 220pF), max. Input voltage 100mV
- Input sensitivity high level: 210mV, 47kOhm, max. Input voltage 10.25V
- Recording output: 210mV, internal resistance 470 Ohm
- Frequency response: Phono 15Hz to 40kHz (-3dB) / 27Hz to 20.5kHz (-1dB)
- RIAA equalization (100Hz to 10kHz) ± 0.4dB typical better than ± 0.3dB
- High level 12Hz (-1dB) to 43kHz (-3dB)
- Headphone output: 8V, 1.8V at 32Ohm, 2.6V at 54Ohm and 5.9V at 300Ohm, internal resistance 109 Ohm
- Product type : Integrated amplifier
- IR remote control : Yes
- Number of channels : 2
- Sine power 4 Ohm, RMS (W), per channel : 73
- Sine power 8 Ohm, RMS (W), per channel : 50
- Volume control : Volume knob
- Remote control : IR remote control
- Headphone jack : Yes
- Phono (IN) quantity : 1
- Power consumption, operation (W) : 195
- separate power supply pre/power amp : Yes