Rotel RB-1552 MKII
Rotel RB 1552 MK II – An overview
RB 1552 MKII is built on the same platform as RB 1582 MKII and has only a slightly lower power capacity of 2 x 130 watts.
Powerful and convincing
The Rotel RB 1552 MK II is a powerful Class AB stereo power amplifier with a convincing 120 watts per channel into 8 ohms. It enables the discerning music listener to hear even the finest detail from very complex musical passages.
Highest audiophile fidelity
Rotel’s Balanced Design Concept ensures that every device is designed with great attention to detail. Every aspect of a design is carefully considered to ultimately produce equipment that delivers the highest audiophile fidelity.
The foundation for this is laid by first-class components from the ultra-stable power supply with generously dimensioned toroidal transformer to selected, bipolar end transistors with a high current stability. The circuit topology is optimized in elaborate processes until the acoustic results are optimal.
The Rotel RB 1552 MKII has channel-separated voltage control stages; its construction practically consists of two separate monoblocks. The “slit-foil” screen capacitors from British manufacturer BHC ensure that even powerful, dynamic music impulses can be handled with ease thanks to their exceptionally short charging and discharging times. Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA jacks are available as inputs.
Premium audio performance
Rotel’s RB 1552 MKII stereo power amplifier continues a long-standing tradition, now spanning nearly five decades, as it too is an outstanding power amplifier offering top-notch audio performance at an affordable price.
- High-performance audio amplifier with 2 x 130 watts into 8 ohms
- Audiophile Class A/B design
- Ultra-stable state-of-the-art power supply with oversized ROTEL toroidal transformer
- XLR and RCA NF inputs
- 12 V trigger input and output, switchable
- High quality speaker screw terminals (2 pairs per channel)
- 3 rack height units (3 U)
- Number of amplifier channels : 2
- Sine power 8 Ohm, RMS (W), per channel : 120
- Frequency response lower limit (Hz) : 4
- Frequency response upper limit (Hz) : 100000
- Attenuation factor at 8 ohms : 450
- Distortion factor (%) : 0.03
- Distortion factor determined at x ohms : 8
- Noise voltage distance (dB) : 120
- Balanced XLR connector (IN) : Yes
- Cinch-IN : Yes
- discrete amplifier design : Yes
- double mono structure : Yes
- Mains transformer with ring coil core : Yes
- Power consumption, operation (W) : 400
- Width (cm) : 43.1
- Height (cm) : 14.4
- Depth (cm) : 34