TECHNICS SU-R1000 (unpacking device)
Technics SU-R1000 – Reference Class
The reference below the stereo integrated amplifiers raises the quality and atmosphere in the sound to a new, outstanding level.
Jitter is caused by incorrect timing of the master clock used in digital-to-analog conversion and is one of the main causes of distortion in digital systems. To effectively eliminate these influences on the music signal caused by digital jitter, Technics has developed a completely new jitter reduction circuit consisting of a clock generator for noise shaping to reduce jitter in the low frequency range and a high-precision sampling rate converter in the high frequency range.
In addition, Technics uses a newly developed PWM converter board to eliminate errors when converting to PWM (Pulse Width Modulation). This circuit optimizes the speed of noise shaping, the degree of requantization number, and PWM gradation to achieve perfect conversion to PWM signals without compromising the dynamic range of the high-resolution signals. Thanks to these technologies, Technics digital amplifiers impress with natural and finest nuances in music reproduction.
ADCT (Active Distortion Cancelling Technology)
Technics’ newly developed Active Distortion Cancelling Technology (ADCT) feature precisely extracts and eliminates distortion in the power amplifier caused by voltage drops and electromotive effects of the connected speakers, ensuring excellent sound performance with a wide variety of speaker types. Deviations between the loudspeaker output and the JENO output are detected and the digital output signal is corrected.
This ensures powerful speaker operation and sound energy, while providing the superior features a digital amplifier, such as low noise rustling, sharp sound image, and expansive sound ambience, regardless of the types of speakers connected.
“Advanced Speed Silent Power Supply” enables stable performance with low noise rustling
The SU-R1000 uses a switching power supply to provide a stable power and voltage supply for the digital amplifier. The Advanced Speed Silent Power Supply eliminates the modulation noise that often degrades sound quality in conventional switching power supplies by placing the switching frequency in the 400 kHz band. Furthermore, a Super Low Noise Regulator is used to minimize the noise component in high frequency ranges caused by the fixed switching frequency and the associated decrease in regulation. The result is a power supply with fast response time and high performance.
Four independent power supplies
To ensure the best possible sound quality and further improve it, Technics has reworked every component of the power supply and uses four independent power supply units for different circuit blocks in the SU-R1000. In an integrated amplifier such as the SU-R1000, the internal circuits consist of a preamplifier stage and a power amplifier in a combination of analog and digital circuits.
The phono EQ, which processes the lowest analog signals, is particularly susceptible to noise rustling transmitted via the power supply line. Thus, the SU-R1000 uses separate power supplies for the analog and digital circuits in the preamplifier stage.
In addition, it uses separate power supplies for the left and right power amp channels, which require large amounts of power. With four independent power supplies, the SU-R1000 effectively prevents line-induced noise between circuit blocks and realizes high signal-to-noise ratio with superior channel separation.
High-quality digital and analog inputs and outputs
Both the phono input and the analog input circuits feature a fully discrete design. Technics has succeeded in developing an ideal balanced circuit layout with high-precision tuning. Interference between right and left channels is effectively prevented and optimal channel separation is enabled.
In addition, the phono as well as the XLR input use fully balanced transmission to ensure accurate signal transfer with minimal noise rustling. Furthermore, the USB input circuit is equipped with a capacitor made of high-quality ruby mica and a power conditioner with magnetic carbon resistors. This blocks electrical noise rustling, for example from a PC, and minimizes external interference signals.
The A/D converter is equipped with a high-conductivity chip from Asahi Kasei Microdevices (AKM) for precise analog-to-digital conversion. Excellent sound quality of the SU-R1000 from all analog and digital sources is thus guaranteed.
Connections made of carefully selected high-quality components
- The speaker terminals allow the connection of cables with particularly large cross-section
- Y-clamps for reliable cable connection
- Neutrik analog balanced input jacks and phono XLR inputs (MC only)
- Analog input jacks with gold-plated machined brass components
Improved Technics design
- Attractive front panel with high-quality, hairline finish and large characteristic VU meters
- Volume control and input selector milled from solid aluminum block and then polished
Extremely stable cabinet
In order to suppress annoying and sound-impairing vibrations, Technics has comprehensively improved the rigidity of the cabinet. The inner Gehäuse has a two-storey separated structure. The upper section contains the output stage consisting of amplifier circuitry and power supply.
The preamp section is located in the lower section. It consists of the analog input circuits, including the phono EQ, and the digital inputs and associated power supplies. Both the upper and lower sections and the individual circuit blocks are separated from each other by solid steel shielding plates, which also serve to improve the cabinet.
The front panel is 10 mm thick, while the side panels and the top cover are made of 6 mm thick alumite-treated aluminum plates. In addition, Technics was able to improve stiffness and vibration resistance. The massive unit feet that support the cabinet are made of cast iron with excellent damping properties. By using high quality components and materials, the signal quality is significantly improved and the effects of external vibration are effectively eliminated.
Crosstalk Canceller – measures and corrects the crosstalk of the pickup.
The Crosstalk Canceller measures the crosstalk of the pickup and performs a backward correction with the integrated DSP. The crosstalk characteristic is optimized, resulting in a more accurate sound image and an extended sound ambience.
- Powerful 2x 150 W output power (into 8 ohms)
- Innovative digital amplification technology such as ADCT for natural, energetic reproduction
- Advanced Speed Silent Power Supply provides high-potency power delivery and ultimate control of connected speakers
- Excellent channel separation and dynamic sound thanks to outstanding load stability
- Extremely detailed music reproduction thanks to intelligent phono EQ for unprecedented record signal processing
- A variety of inputs and outputs for flexible use with digital and analog sources
- Product type : Integrated amplifier
- IR remote control : Yes
- USB interface : Yes
- Width (cm) : 43
- Height (cm) : 19.1
- Depth (cm) : 45.9
- Weight (kg) : 22.8
- Number of channels : 2
- Hi-Res Audio : Yes
- music power 4 Ohm (W), per channel : 300
- Music power 8 Ohm (W), per channel : 150
- Frequency response lower limit (Hz) : 5
- Frequency response upper limit (Hz) : 80000
- Frequency response lower limit, Line (Hz) : 5
- Frequency response upper limit, line (Hz) : 80000
- Input sensitivity, phono MM (mV) : 2.5
- Input sensitivity, phono MM determined at x KOhm : 47
- Input sensitivity, line (mV) : 200
- Input sensitivity, line, determined at x KOhm : 22
- min. Impedance (Ohm) : 4
- max. Impedance (Ohm) : 16
- DSD compatible : Yes
- Remote control : IR remote control
- Headphone jack : Yes
- Phono (IN) quantity : 1
- Quantity rear line (IN) : 2
- Quantity XLR (IN) : 1
- Number Digital Optical (IN) : 2
- Number of digital coaxial (IN) : 2
- USB interface : Yes
- power consumption, operation (W) : 220