Arousing emotions with the AS 1200
To understand music is to understand the feelings out of which the music arose. Passion and the story behind the music inspire artists to create. Yamaha has had extensive experience with all facets of music creation and has gained an understanding from the emotional core of music and music production that is deeply embedded in Yamaha’s DNA. Reproducing the artist’s emotions through our hi-fi equipment is an important part of Yamaha’s design philosophy.
The A-S1200 convinces with the technical top performance and pure sonority of a toroidal transformer, which is usually reserved for the top products of the Hi-Fi world. In conjunction with a variety of high-quality hi-fi features, the toroidal transformer does its part to ensure that musical emotions reach the listener unadulterated.
Attractive level displays
The level meters are not only a nostalgic tribute to the golden hi-fi age, but also underscore that crystal-clear hi-fi sound is making a brilliant comeback among today’s music enthusiasts. The displays make the dynamics and pulse of the music visible and give the system a pleasant atmosphere with their softly glowing LEDs.
Openness in sound
An open sound space offers the listener a musical experience that comes very close to a live concert. True hi-fi achieves this openness in sound and transforms the listening experience: the distance between artist and listener is reduced.
Thick ground wires contribute to less impedance
The thick ground wires supported the design concept to reduce impedance, a critical factor in the components’ premium hi-fi quality. With the A-S1200, this design concept begins with Yamaha’s high-quality hi-fi components and helps create an open, natural sound space where artists and listeners come closer together.
Original quality Speaker
The luxurious Speakerare made of solid brass and can be easily tightened by hand, ensuring a highly secure connection.
Unique sound reproduction
Groove and rhythm create a close connection to the music. True-to-the-original sound reproduction makes the groove tangible for the listener. This allows you to experience not only the music, but also the story behind it.
Basic mechanical concept
The A-S1200 has adopted the basic mechanical concept from the A-S2200 and A-S3200, placing it in the premium hi-fi class. In this concept, the bolts of the stands are welded directly to the main frame, while the large heat sink, power converter and block capacitors are bolted to the frame.
This design prevents unwanted vibrations and allows for expressive, rhythmic bass that really immerses the listener in the “groove” of the music.
Silver plated feet
The heavy-duty silver-plated metal feet perfectly round out the robustness of the amplifier. In addition, they also perfectly complement the elegant style of the AS 1200.
- Max. Output power (4 ohms, 1kHz, 0.7% THD): 160 W + 160 W
- High dynamic output power / channel (8/6/4/2 ohm): 105/135/190/220 W
- Attenuation factor: 250 (1 kHz, 8 ohms)
- Floating balanced power amplifier
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 435×157×463 mm
- Weight: 22 kg
- Product type : Integrated amplifier
- Width (cm) : 43.5
- Height (cm) : 15.7
- Depth (cm) : 46.3
- Weight (kg) : 22
- Number of channels : 2
- Sine power 4 Ohm, RMS (W), per channel : 160
- Music power 2 Ohm (W), per channel : 220
- Music power 4 Ohm (W), per channel : 190
- Music power 8 Ohm (W), per channel : 105
- Frequency response lower limit (Hz) : 20
- Frequency response upper limit (Hz) : 20000
- Signal to noise ratio (dB) : 110
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CD (dB) : 110
- Signal-to-noise ratio, phono MC (dB) : 90
- Signal-to-noise ratio, phono MM (dB) : 96
- Attenuation factor at 8 ohms : 250
- Distortion factor (%) : 0.07