Made with Yamaha’s unique experience, tradition and technical expertise
Yamaha not only has more than 125 years of tradition in instrument manufacturing, but also an excellent reputation for its hi-fi components. For the development of the A-S701, both the many years of experience and the technical expertise were fully utilized. Based on the concept of “Natural Sound”, music is reproduced as it really sounds. In addition, the amplifier was built with the utmost care from the switching paths to the sound generation – even as an entry-level model, it has excellent sound quality as well as a unique musicality.
CD direct amplification and Pure Direct mode for greatest purity of sound
With a direct connection to the CD input, CD Direct Amplification maximizes the signal-to-noise ratio during CD playback. If Pure Direct mode is also activated, the audio signals are routed via the shortest signal path. By bypassing buffer amp as well as tone, loudness and balance controls, signal loss is virtually eliminated and the purest sound quality is achieved.
Excellent circuit design based on the ToP-ART concept for highest sound quality
The ToP-ART concept (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) guarantees excellent sound in interaction with the ART Base. After all, only when both the processing and transmission of audio signals are designed to be simple and direct will the influence of noise and distortion be minimized.
Yamaha technology for this amplifier design is called ToP-ART. It consists of a fully balanced design from input to output, with left and right channels processed with the shortest possible signal paths. This guarantees an outstanding sound with unadulterated clarity.
The ART (Anti-Resonance and Tough) Base cabinet and the solid center rail provide additional stability and dampen vibrations. These design innovations from Yamaha further contribute to excellent audio reproduction with superb musicality.
High-quality components for superior sound quality
The quality of the individual parts and their interaction are crucial for the sound of each component. That’s why Yamaha uses only high-quality components that are carefully selected and tested.
The A-S301 guarantees excellent signal reproduction even under demanding conditions – the mains transformer and blocking capacitors are specially made, the loudspeaker relays have a direct signal path, plus single-point grounding and extruded aluminum heat exchangers.
Gold plated connectors
Gold-plated connectors enable a particularly high-quality connection without signal loss. The A-S701 has gold-plated connectors for speakers and inputs.
Digital audio inputs for TV and/or Blu-ray player
The A-S701 has both an optical and a coaxial digital input. The optical input is for the TV sound, the coaxial one for the Blu-ray player sound. The signal remains digital throughout, ensuring pure, dynamic sound from all sources – from sports and other TV broadcasts to movies and concert recordings.
- High power output of 2 × 160 W (max), 2 × 100 W (RMS)
- Symmetrically constructed from input to output
- with high-quality components, ART (Anti-Resolution and Tough) base and solid center brace
- CD Direct amplification and Pure Direct
- Variable loudness control
- Gold-plated speaker and RCA connectors
- Aluminum front and buttons
- Dimensions (W × H × D): 435 × 151 × 387 mm
- Weight: 11.2 kg
- Product type : Integrated amplifier
- sine power watts per channel (W) : 100
- Gold plated jacks : Yes
- IR remote control : Yes
- Quantity Audio IN : 5
- Subwoofer output : Yes
- Width (cm) : 43.5
- Height (cm) : 15.1
- Depth (cm) : 38.7
- Weight (kg) : 11.2
- Number of channels : 2
- Sine power (W), per channel : 100
- Music power (W), per channel : 160
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CD (dB) : 99
- Signal-to-noise ratio, phono MM (dB) : 82
- Attenuation factor at 8 ohms : 240
- min. Impedance (Ohm) : 2
- max. Impedance (Ohm) : 8
- Volume control : Volume knob
- Bass control : Bass control
- Treble control : Treble control
- Balance control : Balance controller
- Sound/source direct switching : Yes
- Loudness : Loudness adjustable
- Remote control : IR remote control
- Speaker selector switch : A/B speaker selector switch
- autom. Stand-by circuit : Yes
- Quantity different Sampling frequencies : 7
- Headphone jack : Yes
- Quantity Phono MM RCA (IN) : 1
- Quantity audio (IN) : 5
- Quantity audio (OUT) : 2
- Subwoofer (OUT) : Yes
- Gold plated jacks : Yes
- Number Digital Optical (IN) : 1
- Number of digital coaxial (IN) : 1
- Number of connect. Speakers (pairs) : 2
- Power consumption, stand-by (W) : 0.5
- Balanced signal path in the device : Yes