The AVM EVOLUTION MP 3.3 at a glance
- X-STREAM Engine® for HiRes Streaming DSD, controllable via RC X App (iOS & Android)
- Prepared for Spotify Connect, QOBUZ, TIDAL Connect, web radio (expandable)
- ROON Ready
- Bluetooth 2
- AirPlay 2
- HDMI (ARC) Input
- 2 digital inputs (SPDIF coax & optical)
- Signal-sensitive inputs for automatic switch-on
- USB A for external hard drives (NTFS & FAT)
- AVM RoomConneXion® Multiroom Function
- 2 digital outputs (SPDIF, optical), optional volume control
- 2 analog outputs (RCA & XLR), switchable fix out Variable out
- Volume control is completely analog
- 1 Analog Line Out (Fix Level)
- Pure CD drive with slot-in (Red-Book)
- Signal processing with selected Double-Quad DAC for 384/32 PCM (ESS 9028PRO) as well as DSD 256
- Tone control and parametric loudness with bypass function (also via RC X app)
- Dimmable graphic display with touchpoint sensor and proximity sensor
- Extensive menu functions (individual input naming )
- Aluminum silver, black brushed or as CELLINI version with chrome front (surcharge)
- Trigger in, IR sensor, 2 x trigger out
- Minimum stand-by consumption
- Compact design: 43cm width, 33cm depth, 12cm height,
- cabinet variants:
EVOLUTION MP 3.3
The MP 3.3 works as a pure transistor device. All other connection and performance data correspond to those in MP 5.3. The most obvious distinguishing feature is the closed, brushed aluminum case lid.
Born from the best genes: The MP 3.3
AVM has specialized in high-end sound players since the 1990s. Based on the AVM X-STREAM Engine®, a new high-performance generation of the MP device category has been created. Among numerous new features, the new RC X app completely controls the EVOLUTION MP 3.3 / 5.3 media players. With these high-performance media players, not only CD collections but also all streaming formats can be played back at the highest sonic level.
All modern connections are present, so a TV can be connected via HDMI ARC, for example. For their goal of constructing the best-sounding media player devices on the world market, AVM has borrowed from their flagship MP 8.3. The EVOLUTION MP media players now impress with a screwless precision housing made of brushed aluminum that is only 43 cm wide and with a minimalist elegance in their symmetrical design. AVM’s design credo ‘Reduce to the Max# is once again taken to the extreme here.
The main focus was placed on a completely modernized control system with the RC X app. Simple, intuitive operation and a clear and attractively designed user interface make managing even large music collections child’s play. This makes you want to explore new music on numerous streaming platforms. The delivered selection of Spotify Connect, TIDAL Connect, QOBUZ as well as HighResAudio can also be easily expanded in the future. The AVM RC X app is available for both iOS (Apple) or Android controlled devices.
The new AVM X-STREAM Engine® can stream all high-resolution formats up to resolutions of 384/32, including DSD (256). This streaming engine is a proprietary development of AVM completely software based – so the AVM X-STREAM Engine® can be updated online future-proof. An HDMI (ARC) interface is also on board, as is a modern Bluetooth connection. Additional digital inputs and also a USB A interface are standard.
Completely new are the digital outputs, which can now be volume-controlled if desired. The analog outputs (RCA & XLR) can also be adjusted in volume. This volume control of the MP 5.3 and and MP 3.3 is completely analog. In addition, the digital inputs can be switched to signal-sensitive. Thus, the MP 3.3/5.3 switches on as soon as a signal is applied to the digital inputs. These outputs can also output a volume-controlled digital signal.
Other core features
There has also been a huge gain in sound compared to the predecessor. The digital section in particular was rethought from the ground up as part of the redesign, as this all-important part is based on the select ESS9028 PRO double-quad DAC. In terms of sound, this is also a clear gain, which is accompanied by a large amount of circuitry: 4 D/A converters per channel work in parallel.
This effort sonically benefits all digital sources, so that all high-resolution formats can be reproduced perfectly and faithfully. Special highlight: The upsampling rates and filter characteristics can be selected and adjusted conveniently from the listening position via the app.
The new EVOLUTION media players are available in the standard colors aluminum silver or black, on request also as elegant CELLINI version with chrome-plated and hand-polished front. Like all AVM EVOLUTION devices, the EVOLUTION media players are also manufactured by hand in AVM’s audiophile noble manufactory in Malsch, Germany.
The vast majority of suppliers, e.g. for the precision cabinet parts, are also located in the immediate vicinity of the main plant. You are welcome to watch the creation process in the ‘Making-of AVM’ video. The RC 3 all-aluminum remote control is included.
Repeated, intensive quality controls during all manufacturing steps and a break-in period of several days for each individual device ensure the promise of maximum reliability in the long term. AVM also provides a transferable warranty of two years, with two additional years for online registration.
- Distortion factor (MP 3.3): <0.001%
- Crosstalk attenuation (channels): > 94dB
- Frequency response (MP 3.3) (at -3dB): <0Hz to> 80kHz
- Output resistance: 47 Ω
- Signal-to-noise ratio: > 100dB
- Output level: 2.5 V
- Output resistance (RCA): 47 Ω
- Output impedance (XLR): 94 Ω
- Signal-to-noise ratio: > 97B
- Output drive (1% THD): 8.4 V
- Playable formats: CD Audio, CDR (according to Red Book standard) < 20 – 20 kHz
- LAN connection (hot plugging capable): 100 Mbit/s
- Supported WiFi Wifi standards: 2.4/ 5GHz/ 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Number of antennas: 2
- WPS: Yes
- Max. Sample rates: DSD256, 32 bit/ 384 kHz PCM
- Streaming Services: Airplay 2, Qobuz, Roon, Spotify, TIDAL, HighResAudio
- Supported file formats: WAV, MP3, WM, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, DSD, Ogg, AIFF
- Bluetooth standard: 4.2
- Supported Bluetooth profiles: AVRCP 1.5 AD2P
- USB standard: USB 2.0
- Max. Current: 500 mA
- Supported formatting: FAT16, FAT32, NTFS
- Max. Sampling/ bit rate (OPTO): 96 kHz / 24 bit
- Deemphasis (OPTO): Yes, automatic
- Max. Sample rate / bit rate (COAX): 192 kHz / 24 bit
- Min. Signal level [Vpp] at 192kHz (COAX): > 150 mVpp
- Input impedance (COAX): 75 Ω
- Deemphasis (OPTO): Yes, automatic
- Max. Sample/ bit rate (ARC): 192 kHz / 24 bit
- Input impedance: 100 Ω
- Max. Sample/ bit rate (OPTO): 96 kHz / 24 bit
- Max. Sample/ bit rate (COAX): 192 kHz / 24 bit
- Output impedance (COAX): 75 Ω
- Trigger output (2x): 12V (sequentially switched)
- Power supply: 100-240V, 50Hz-60Hz
- Power consumption max.: 3 W
- Standby: < 0.5 W
- Extended standby (network connection): < 2 W
- Idle: < 18 W
- Fuse used: T 1A
- Included remote control: RC 3 aluminum remote control
- Product dimensions: 330 x 430 x 122 mm (D x W x H)
- Finish: Aluminum Silver, Aluminum Black, Cellini Chrome
- Product weight: 8 kg