The ND5 XS 2 uses our innovative new streaming platform with enhanced functionality… High-resolution UPnPTM streaming, AirPlay, Chromecast built-in, Bluetooth aptX HD, Spotify Connect, TIDAL, Roon compatibility, web radio and multi-room streaming make this versatile player the ideal partner for one of our integrated amplifier.
Carefully selected components in pairs, an oversized toroidal transformer, decoupled circuit boards: The ND5 XS 2 always delivers natural, gripping sound quality thanks to classic Naim engineering and meticulous attention to detail.
- UPnP streaming of audio files at up to 32 bit/382 kHz resolution from Naim music servers, network attached storage (NAS) or home computers
- Compatible with a wide range of formats: WAV, FLAC, DSD, Apple Lossless, AIFF, AAC, Windows Media formatted files, M4A and MP3. Supports uninterrupted playback of all formats.
- Four digital inputs (S/PDIF) with up to 24 bit/192 kHz for optimal connection of external devices
- Stream music directly from compatible smartphone and tablet apps with built-in Chromecast technology
- Apple AirPlay: Stream music directly from an iOS device, iTunes, or Apple Music.
- Integrated Spotify Connect technology for streaming millions of tracks via the world’s most popular music service
- Native support of the TIDAL streaming service including a 90-day trial subscription
- Front USB input for connecting MP3 players or other USB media with audio data (1.6 A charging current)
- Comprehensive web radio offering via vTuner (five-star premium service)
- Multiroom and party mode
- Intuitive remote control via the Naim app for iOS and Android
- Bluetooth connectivity via aptX HD audio codec for high-quality audio playback
- RC5 integration allows you to control compatible Naim amplifiers connected to your network player via a smartphone or tablet and the Naim app.
- Roon-Ready: Attractively designed presentation of all music-related information in magazine form
The streaming section of the ND5 XS 2 uses the latest Naim network technology and the interference-resistant, high-speed LVDS digital standard. Due to the high clock rate, all HD audio formats up to 32 bit/384 kHz or DSD 128 can be played. However, our new streaming board does not use the source as a digital clock, but the master clock of the D/A converter used in the ND5 XS 2. The data is processed by oversampling in a SHARC DSP with an extreme accuracy of 40 bits before being fed to Burr Brown’s PCM1791A digital-to-analog converter.
Developing the new streaming platform was one of the biggest challenges we have ever faced. Naim engineers from a variety of departments including electronic, manufacturing, acoustics and mechanics worked closely together over three years to create a system that makes the most of online services such as TIDAL and Spotify, and is open to future applications via integrated Chromecast technology. This stable platform supports higher data rates via dual-band WLAN and the latest 802.11ac protocol, and is designed for maximum quality in every respect.