<h2>DALI OBERON 1 C</h2>
The OBERON 1 C is intended for smaller rooms where space is a precious commodity and music tends to be heard at low levels. The OBERON 1 C appeals to music lovers and audiophiles who are conceptually and sonically more enthusiastic about compact speakers. For them, music enjoyment (whether from CDs, Internet radio stations or in the form of a valuable record collection) plays a greater role than TV audio. Nevertheless, two OBERON 1 C Speaker placed on the sides of a TV set are very well suited for reproducing TV sound at a high level.
The OBERON 1 C is the compact Speaker the series. It is equipped with an ultra-light 29 mm fabric dome tweeter and a 130 mm bass-midrange driver driven by an SMC magnet system. The bass reflex port led out to the rear of the cabinet provides the optimum balance between the internal volume required for bass performance on the one hand and compact dimensions for use even in smaller rooms on the other.
The drivers and crossovers used in the OBERON C Series are designed to radiate audio signals at particularly wide angles. This not only enables sonorous and spatially precise reproduction outside the sweet spot, but also significantly reduces harmonic distortions and diffractions that impair the sound.
Audio signals are transmitted from the SOUND HUB COMPACT to the OBERON C loudspeakers using a proprietary 30-bit wireless protocol. Here, the latency from the input to the Speaker is usually only less than 15 ms, and both Speaker are also driven absolutely simultaneously.
Patented SMC technology
The pole piece of the magnet systems of all OBERON C bass-midrange drivers is partly made of DALI’s patented non-conductive Soft Magnetic Compound (SMC) magnet material. The use of SMC significantly reduces mechanical distortion, which makes the Speaker sound very pleasant even over a long period of time and surprisingly detailed considering the price range.
Each OBERON C Speaker uses two Class-D power amplifiers, each with a pulse power of 50 watts, selected for their high sound quality and dynamics. One amplifier supplies the tweeter, one the bass-midrange driver (or the two bass-midrange drivers of the OBERON 7 C).
- Frequency range (+/- 3 dB) [Hz]: 39 – 26,000
- Maximum sound pressure level [dB]: 106
- Crossover frequencies [Hz]: 2,350
- Crossover principle: Fully active 24 bit DSP
- Tweeter / Quantity: 1 x 29 mm ø
- Tweeter, type of Membrane: fabric dome tweeter
- woofer / number: 1 x 130 mm (5.25 ”) ø
- bass-midrange driver, type of Membrane: wood fiber membrane
- cabinet: Bass reflex
- Bass reflex tuning frequency [Hz]: 52.0
- Maximum amplifier power [RMS Watt]: 2 x 50 W
- integrated amp: Class D
- Inputs: Universal mains 100-240 VAC
- Wireless input: 24 bit / 96 kHz (uncompressed)
- Wireless Audio RF Band [MHz]: 5.150-5.250 MHz / 5.725-5.875 MHz
- Recommended placement: shelf / stand
- Recommended wall distance [cm]: 1 – 50
- Maximum power consumption [Watt]: 62
- Standby power consumption [W]: 1
- Standby power consumption [W]: 1.25
- Maximum dimensions with base and cover (HxWxD) [mm]: 274 x 162 x 234
- Accessories included: Quick Start Guide, power cord, front grille, rubber feet, rubber bumper, user manual
- Weight [kg]: 4,4