The AVR-X2800H guarantees fascinating entertainment experiences with 8K video and thrilling 3D sound. As a 7.2 or 5.2.2 system with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, it fills medium-sized rooms with top-class sound. HEOS® Built-in also allows online music to be streamed wirelessly to HEOS-enabled speakers in other rooms.
- Powerful sound: The AV receiver fills medium-sized rooms with excellent sound.
- Engaging 3D sound: Immerse yourself in the sound of music and movies.
- 8K-capable: Experience excellent video quality thanks to the latest 8K technology.
- Music streaming throughout the home: HEOS® Built-in allows music to be streamed wirelessly and delivered to HEOS-enabled speakers in other rooms.
Powerful, discrete 7-channel amplifier
Discrete amplifiers on all channels with up to 150 watts per channel – enough power for every speaker.
Engaging audio experiences
Experience music and movies up close with Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X®, plus Dolby Surround and DTS Neural:X upmixers to optimize non-surround content.
Advanced 8K home cinema
Three of the six HDMI inputs and two outputs support 8K video. Benefit from video compatibility and great picture quality with HLG, HDR, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, and Dynamic HDR.
HEOS® Built-in Technology
Stream songs from various music streaming services wirelessly to compatible HEOS components. You can equip multiple rooms with Denon Home speakers and control the entire system via the HEOS app.
Feel the power of every dimension with Dolby Atmos. Upgrade your home cinema with a 5.1.2 speaker system to experience Dolby Atmos content with immersive 3D sound. The Dolby Surround Upmixer uses all speakers to play back older content with virtual 3D sound. Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology creates the impression of overhead sound even without a 5.1.2 system. You can also listen to tracks in Dolby Atmos from Apple Music and TIDAL using compatible streaming devices.
DTS:X places sound exactly where it would naturally sound in the room, creating realistic, multi-dimensional audio experiences. The integrated DTS Neural:X surround upmixer delivers gripping, realistic sound even for older non-surround or non-3D content. DTS Virtual:X also provides users without height speakers with a three-dimensional listening experience by automatically adding virtual height effects to 7.1, 5.1, and 2.1 speaker configurations.
HDMI connections with ARC/eARC
The AVR-X2800H supports current HDMI technologies. Thanks to ARC (Audio Return Channel) and eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) on one output, you can easily play back the TV sound via your AV receiver – all you need is an HDMI cable. eARC enables the transmission of HD and 3D audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD Master Audio and Dolby Atmos. ARC, on the other hand, is limited to conventional 5.1-channel audio formats and PCM.
Experience excellent 8K picture quality on your 8K TV or projector. The AVR-X2800H supports 8K passthrough (on 3 inputs) as well as 8K upscaling of 4K content. Thanks to the latest copy protection standard HDCP 2.3, even copy-protected content can be played without restrictions.
Brilliant colors thanks to HDR 10+
The AV receiver supports HDR (High Dynamic Range), HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) and Dynamic HDR as well as HDR10+. HLG enables the display of TV shows in HDR quality. Both Dynamic HDR and HDR10+ use dynamic metadata to optimize dark and light areas of the image on a scene-by-scene basis.
The AVR-X2800H enables Dolby Vision content to be played back from compatible source and TV devices. Dolby Vision HDR picture technology delivers amazing brightness and stunning colors and contrasts.
Next generation gaming
The device supports variable refresh rate (VRR), Quick Frame Transport (QFT) and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), ensuring smooth, lag-free gaming experiences with compatible game consoles.
Thanks to HEOS® Built-in, the AV receiver is able to stream songs from numerous free and paid music services wirelessly to HEOS-compatible components. You also have the ability to enjoy your favorite music wirelessly in any room. You can either play the same song everywhere or select a different song for each room. Simply equip multiple rooms with Denon Home speaker and control the entire system via the HEOS app.
AirPlay 2 & Voice Control with Apple Siri Control
Stream songs from Apple Music wirelessly to your AV receiver via AirPlay 2. In addition, the device can be paired with AirPlay-compatible speakerto listen to music throughout the home.
Compatible with Amazon Alexa
Control the AVR-X2800H conveniently by voice command via Amazon Alexa. Control the volume, skip to the next track and much more – prompting is enough. To use Amazon Alexa voice control, simply download the free HEOS Home Entertainment skill. This requires the Amazon Alexa app and an Amazon Echo, Dot or, for example, a Denon Home speaker with integrated voice control. Feature availability varies by region.
Hi-Res playback via the USB input
Discover the fascinating sound quality of high-resolution audio files and experience music as it was intended by the artist. The front panel USB input supports playback of Hi-Res audio files up to 24-bit/192 kHz in WAV, FLAC, and ALAC formats, as well as audio files in MP3, WMA, WAV, MPEG-4/AAC from a USB drive.
Pair your favorite Bluetooth headphones, such as the AH-GC30, with the AV receiver to listen to music or the sound of movies and TV shows at night without disturbing other family members or neighbors. You can also play the sound through the speaker and your Bluetooth headphones at the same time. This is especially recommended for family members or friends with hearing impairment. Only one pair of headphones can be paired.
Multiple sources and rooms
The AV receiver supports two sources and two zones. If you connect another speaker to the AVR in a second room – for example, in the study or on the patio – you can hear 5.1 surround sound in the main room, and another source or music stream in the second room. It is also possible to play the same sound or music in both rooms.
Denon Installation Wizard
The award-winning Denon Installation Wizard makes getting started a breeze. Simply connect your AV receiver to your TV and follow the instructions on the TV screen to connect your speaker and source devices and take speaker measurements. The AVR-X2800H automatically renames the HDMI inputs when a source is connected. Manual renaming is also possible.
Audyssey Room Correction System
Denon’s AV receivers are equipped with Audyssey EQ software for easy and precise furnishing and sound calibration. Using the included measurement microphone, Audyssey determines the playback characteristics of each speaker in your home cinema and tunes the AV receiver settings for the optimal listening experience in your room. The AVR-X2800H supports the Audyssey MultEQ XT room correction system as well as the Audyssey Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume features.
Audyssey MultEQ Editor App
The paid Audyssey MultEQ Editor app allows users to take a look “under the hood” and fine-tune their audio settings. This allows them to adjust the sound even more precisely to the specific room conditions as well as to their personal preferences. This comprehensive app lets you harness the power of Audyssey MultEQ and take full control of your home cinema’s sound. The app is available in the Apple App Store as well as the Google Play Store.
Denon AVR Remote App
This app for iOS and Android allows you to turn the AV receiver on and off, select an input source, adjust the volume, and browse music on your smartphone or on a USB drive connected to the AVR.
Compatible with Google Assistant
Start the music in the HEOS app, then ask your Google Assistant to adjust the volume, start playback, pause, skip tracks, mute and unmute.
- DTS HD Master, DTS:X, DTS:X Pro: o, o, –
- DTS Neo:X, DTS Neural:X: -, yes
- DTS Virtual:X: yes
- IMAX Enhanced: –
- Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization, Dolby Atmos Music: o, o, o, yes
- Dolby ProLogic Ilz, Dolby Surround: -, yes
- Auro 3D: –
- 360 Reality Audio/MPEG H: –
- Multichannel stereo: yes
- Max Number of Processing (Preamp) Channels: 7.1
- Concept monophonic Verstärker: –
- >Discrete power amplifier: yes
- D.D.S.C. HD Digital: –
- Pure Direct: yes
- gold plated RCA connectors: –
- Jitter reduction: –
- Alpha Processing: –
- Audyssey: MultEQ XT
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ, Dynamic Volume: o, yes
- Audyssey LFC: –
- Dirac Live updatability: –
- Compressed audio restorer: yes
- Media Server: yes
- HEOS Wireless Multi-Room Technology: yes
- Alexa/Google Voice Assistant/Apple HomePod: o, o, yes
- lossy formats: MP3, WMA, AAC: o, o, yes
- Lossless formats: FLAC, ALAC, WAV: o, o, yes
- Lossless formats: FLAC HD, WAV, ALAC (all 192kHz/24 bit): o, o, yes
- Streaming DSD audio: yes (2.8/5.6MHz)
- AirPlay 2: yes
- TuneIn: yes
- Spotify Connect: yes
- Pandora: yes
- SiriusXM: yes
- Roon Tested: yes
- HEOS App Control: yes
- compatible application REMOTE for smartphones: Denon 2016 AVR Remote
- port Ethernet: yes
- Wi-Fi: yes
- Bluetooth: yes
- HDMI Inputs (Back, Front): 6, –
- HDCP2.3 support: yes
- HDMI Outputs (Main, Zone): 2, –
- HDMI 2.1 (8K/60Hz AB, 4K/120Hz AB): o, yes
- HDR, HLG, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, Dynamic HDR: yes , o, o, yes
- ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) Pass-Through for Gaming: yes
- Variable Refresh Rate, Quick Flame Transport, Quick Media Switching: o, o, –
- 3D Signal Pass-through: yes
- 8K signal pass-through, scaling, GUI overlay: o, o, yes
- DSD Audio: –
- Audio Return Channel (ARC), Enhanced ARC: o, yes
- Auto LipSync: yes
- Multi-Room Zones: 2
- Zone Audio Source (HDMI Optical, Coax, Network, USB; Analog): yes (2ch), yes (2ch), o, yes
- Zone Audio Output: Speaker, Pre-Out: yes, yes
- Zone HDMI output from HDMI sources: –
- IP Control, RS232 Control, Web Control, App Control: o, yes /o, yes
- Remote control input / output: o, yes
- DC trigger output: –
- HDMI Diagnostics: yes
- speakerby microphone: Audyssey MultEQ XT
- Front Display: 1-Line FLD
- Langues multiples GUI: 3
- Setup wizard: yes
- Quick Select Plus, Quick Select: o, –
- Variable crossover: yes
- Bass optimized and forwarded: yes
- Synchronization of the bass: –
- Mode ECO: yes
- HDMI input / output: 6, 2
- Multi-room video output (video / HDMI): -, –
- Analog In, Out: 4, –
- Phono input (MM/MC): yes
- Digital inputs (optical / coaxial): 2, 1
- Zone outputs (analog / digital): 1, –
- Multichannel preout: yes (0.2)
- Subwoofer Out: 2
- speaker gold plated / regular: -, yes
- Number of speaker: 7
- speaker A/B: Assignable
- Bi-amp operation: Assignable
- Zone speaker-connections: Assignable
- Front inputs: Audio / Composite / Digital (Opt) / HDMI / USB: -, -, -, yes
- USB Audio / Made for iPod / Made for iPhone: o, -, –
- AM/FM tuner: yes
- Verstärker quantity: 7
- Output power 8ohm 20Hz-20Khz, 008% 2 channels: 95W
- Output power 8ohm 20Hz-20Khz, 008% 2-channel : –
- Output power (6ohm 1Khz, 0.7% 2 channels: 125W
- Output power (6ohm 1Khz, 10% 2-channel: 185W
- Metal front: –
- >System remote control: RC-1253
- Remote control pre-programmed / teachable / with LCD display: -, -, –
- Power consumption in W: 500
- Power consumption in idle mode (ECO on / off) in watts: 35W/75W
- Power consumption in standby mode in W: 0.1
- CEC standby power consumption in watts: 0.5
- Network standby power consumption in watts: Less than 2.0
- Antenna Horizontal: (W x D x H) in inches: 17.1 x 13.4 x 6.6
Antenna Vertical: (W x D x H) in inches: 7.1 x 13.4 x 9.3
w/o antenna: (W x D x H) in inches: 17.1 x 13.0 x 6.6
- Weight in kg: 9,5
- Weight in lbs (packing): 11.5