Technics SL-1500C (unboxing unit)
Elegant premium turntable that plays music in full beauty thanks to phono equalization through various components.
Precise, stable synchronization and powerful drive torque
The SL-1500C is in no way inferior to Technics’ larger turntablewhen it comes to audiophile sound quality. It is based on the single-rotor direct-drive motor, whose stator has no iron cores. Unwanted irregularities of the rotation due to the so-called cogging torque are thus avoided in principle.
The driving force of the rotor magnets of this motor was pushed to the limit. As an essential component to avoid vibrations, the chassis of the SL-1500C has a cabinet construction like high-end turntables. The injection-molded aluminum chassis is tied to an ABS (acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene copolymer) plastic structure stiffened with fiberglass.
The two-layer construction thus achieved provides stiffness and vibration damping at the highest level. The isolator consists of a spring and rubber for optimum vibration damping. In addition, reliability has been improved through the use of a detachable power cord and gold-plated connectors for the Phone and Line ports. The result is a reproduction of the music in its full beauty and authenticity.
Phono equalization for easy connection to various components
The SL-1500C has a built-in, high-quality phono equalizer for MM (moving magnet) cartridge systems and can therefore be easily connected to audio equipment that does not have a phono input.
The separate power supply for the phono equalization is decoupled from the power supply of the motor and control circuit to avoid noise rustling interference. The shielded structure of the power supply prevents external interference. The result is undisturbed signal amplification. A pair of non-equalized outputs also allows the SL-1500C to be connected to amplifiers that have a phono input. All these measures guarantee an unclouded enjoyment of music.
Just like the included universal headshell of the SL-1500C and the perfectly adjusted MM pickup system Ortofon 2M RED. The tonearm height can be varied within a range of 6 mm to suit a variety of cartridges. The included additional weight allows the use of pickups with a weight of 14.3 to 25.1 g (including headshell).
Automatic tonearm lift
As soon as the tone arm reaches the inner end of the record, the Auto-Lift raises the tone arm. This avoids unnecessary wear and tear on both your valuable records and the cartridge, and increases ease of use.
By embedding the Auto-Lifter function in the tonearm base, shocks to the tonearm are avoided. This function can be switched off if required.
Elegant, timeless design
The SL-1500C features a sleek, elegant design. At the same time, however, it offers the full operating feel that characterizes all Technics products. The attractive exterior thus enriches the high music enjoyment to the highest degree visually as well.
- Power supply : AC 110-240 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 8 W, Approx. 0.2 W (standby)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 453 x 169 x 372 mm
- Weight: Approx. 9.9 kg
- Accessories: platter, platter, dust cover, EP platter adapter, counterweight, additional weight, head housing, cartridge (ortofon 2M Red), PHONO cable, PHONO ground wire, power cord, manual
- Type: Manual turntable with direct drive
- Speed levels: 33-1/3, 45, 78 rpm
- Starting torque: 0.18 N・m / 1.8 kg･cm
- Starting torque: 0.7 sec. from standstill up to 33 1/3 rpm
- Synchronization fluctuations: 0.025 % W.R.M.S.
- platter: die-cast aluminum, diameter: 332 mm, weight: approx. 2.0 kg (including rubber pad)
- Type : Universal, infinitely variable balancing
- Effective length : 230 mm
- Overhang: 15 mm
- Tracking error angle : Within 2° 32′ (at the outer groove for a 30 cm (12″) record), Within 0° 32′ (at the inner groove for a 30 cm (12″) record).
- Offset angle: 22
- Arm height adjustment: 0 – 6 mm
- Adjustment range of the contact force: 0 – 4 g (Direct scanning)
- Headshell weight: Approx. 7.6 g
- Weight range for pickups: (without additional weight): 5.6 – 12.0 g, 14.3 – 20.7 g (incl. headshell), (with additional weight): 10.0 – 16.4 g, 18.7 – 25.1 g (incl. headshell)
- Headshell cable lug: 1.2 mmφ 4-pin cable lug
- Audio output: PHONO x 1, Ground screw terminal x 1, LINE x 1