Bang & Olufsen Beosound Balance (unboxing device)
– Refined sound experience with very little space requirement
– Scandinavian minimalist design
– Flexible multi-room compatibility through Airplay 2 and Google Chromcast
– Powerful amplifier power with 380 watts
– No stereo sound possible through a second BeoSound Balance
Status 03.21: This is now possible.
BANG & OLUFSEN Beosound Balance
An aesthetically compelling creation of inner beauty with rich, dynamic sound all in perfect balance.
The Beosound Balance is a wireless speaker with a state-of-the-art audio engine, made for a powerful, dynamic, yet refined sound experience in larger living spaces.
According to its concept, it primarily appeals to design-conscious consumers who prefer a speaker inspired by aesthetically compelling interior design. One that doesn’t take up precious living space in your home. Placement directly on the wall is ideal for achieving the best listening experience, whether in a room-filling or focused audio mode.
Inspired by interior furnishings, the Beosound Balance is a manifestation of the perfect balance between elegant yet accessible beauty and pristine, pure sound quality, thanks to its soft and carefully selected materials such as natural, solid oak wood, seamlessly woven textile fabric and precision-crafted aluminum components.
No compromise with the Beosound Balance
The underlying findings – People compromise on technology at home.
Technology usually looks unattractive and then ultimately doesn’t fit people’s design tastes. To solve this dilemma, many hide their audio equipment, because there are few good solutions that manage to reconcile personal taste and the character of the interior.
Floor space is also often in short supply at home, for example because of the limited space in city apartments or simply because other design elements such as furniture, interior decoration and so on are also struggling to make their appearance.
By positioning the Beosound Balance as a beautifully designed technology object whose concept also takes into account interior design considerations as well as ornamental function and integration into the home, these individuals with a sense of interior design do not have to compromise. This turns the problem of the mismatch between technology and a cozy home into an opportunity.
Outer beauty – Advanced sound quality.
The Beosound Balance was designed with optimal proportions in mind, so that it can be placed in a prominent position and shown off to its best advantage. You can position it so that it fits perfectly into your interior design, while always delivering sound quality that meets the highest standards.
When placed above the floor and close to the wall, the Beosound Balance emits carefully regulated sound beams that provide a clear sound experience towards the front, while intensely amplifying the sound at the back. This results in a sound experience of impressive dimensions compared to the size of the speaker.
Multiple sound experiences in one device
Thanks to its unique seven-driver configuration, the Beosound Balance delivers tight, powerful bass response and a spacious soundstage for truly room-filling sound.
Thanks to its sound bundling technology, the Beosound Balance can also develop a directionality that allows focused listening at different positions
– All in one package.
Soft silhouette matching the furnishing – Honest, natural materials.
With its form clearly divided into two parts, the luxurious design of the Beosound Balance takes on the character of a furnishing object, with the soft silhouette of the upper part balancing gracefully on a base of natural wood.
Rooted in Scandinavian minimalism, the simplicity of this design stands in stark contrast to its powerful but wonderfully balanced sound.
Welcomes you with a touch
Tactile interaction with the user and translucent aluminum for a refined look. A certain magic is provided by the integrated proximity sensors, thanks to which you will be welcomed when you approach for the purpose of interaction.
The dynamic controls are only visible when needed and are operated by touching and sliding. When you move away from the Beosound Balance, the controls darken again, leaving only the beautifully crafted aluminum surface visible.
State-of-the-art streaming engine
With the advent of smartphones and other software-based devices, customers have become accustomed to the idea of a product that evolves over time.
Whether it’s a new feature, an evolution of the user interface to make it even more straight forward and intuitive, or an improvement in the product’s performance, the fact that our experience with the products around us continues to improve has become part of our expectations
Gone are the days when the lifecycle of an audio product began with certain functions and features to which it was then limited for the rest of its life. More powerful and advanced software and hardware platforms enable the design of products that evolve over time.
Over the past two years, we have invested heavily in software and expanded our in-house software team, with the goal of being able to manage the customer experience from start to finish, as well as respond more quickly when issues arise in the marketplace. We want to be as careful and detailed about software and connectivity as we have always been about product design and build quality.
The Beosound Stage is the first of a whole generation of products to be built on a new, sophisticated platform that will change our idea of what an audio product can be and do. At launch, it will have many features and offer experiences that we already know from our existing Flexible Living products. In addition, new features will be added later to ensure the evolution of the sound experience to an even more desirable level than we already enjoy today.
- Product dimensions: D x H: 20 x 38 cm
- Weight: 7.2 kg
- Power amplifiers: uncapped peak (W); 2 x Class D with 200 W for the woofer; 4 x Class D with 100 W for the whole range; 1 x Class D with 80 W for the tweeter
- speaker: 2 x 5.25″ woofers; 2 x 3″ full-range speaker ; 2 x 2″ full-range speaker ; 1 x ¾” tweeter
- Maximum sound pressure level @1m: 104 dB SPL; Bass capability @1m
88 dB SPL
- Frequency range: 26 – 23,000 Hz
- Power supply: Built-in power supply including fabric power cord
- Features: Active room compensation; Sound directivity; Thermal protection; Adaptive bass linearization; Proximity sensors; Light sensor; Beosonic.
- Microphones: Yes
- Wireless networks: WiFi; 802.11 b/g/a/n/ac (2.4 GHz & 5 GHz); Bluetooth type: 5.0
- Stereo pairing: Bang & Olufsen stereo pairing
- Connectors: 1 x line-in/optical combo jack; 2 x Ethernet 10/100 Mbit
- Streaming formats: Built-in Chromecast; Apple AirPlay 2; Bluetooth Audio Streaming; Spotfiy Connection
- Integrated music services: Bang & Olufsen Radio
- Multiroom: Apple AirPlay 2, Chromecast and BeoLink Multiroom technologies are integrated and ready for you to create a wireless multiroom setup with Beosound Balance.
- Voice assistant: Google Assistant**
- Remote control: Beremote One BT; Beoremote Halo; Bang & Olufsen App