Technics SL1200 M7L Ltd. edition
The Technics SL1200 M7L Ltd. Edition…
…is available on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the SL-1200 series as a limited edition model in seven colors, inspired by the street culture that DJs have created with their music. Regardless of the color, each model has a gold tone arm and a special plaque with the serial number.
Limited edition accessories
Included with the SL-1200M7L are a limited edition Technics sticker, a vinyl sticker in the same color as the turntable, and a slipmat with a gold Technics logo.
Precise, stable synchronization and powerful drive torque
Direct drive uses a low-speed motor that drives the platter directly on the same axis. This system offers many advantages such as best synchronization, high drive torque, pleasant freedom from maintenance and outstanding reliability over the entire service life. However, older direct drive motors were characterized by the so-called cogging torque, small micro-vibrations resulting from magnetic pole reversal processes.
The SL-1200M7L uses a new drive motor with a stator without an iron core. Therefore, this motor is also free from cogging. The gap between the coreless stator and the rotor (drive magnet) has been minimized to maximize drive torque. This made it possible to realize a torque that corresponds to that of the SL-1200M7L.
New functions for more creativity
Adjustability of starting and braking torque
The SL-1210MK7 impresses with innovative technologies for motor control. They have been used and perfected especially in the latest generation of Blu-ray players. With a microcomputer, the controller easily withstands normal playback as well as more demanding DJ applications such as scratching. In addition, the starting torque and braking speed can be adjusted to individual preferences.
Pitch function for fine adjustment of the speed
The rotation speed of the SL-1210MK7 can be set to 33-1/3, 45 or 78 rpm. The pitch adjustment range is ±8/±16. This allows for highly precise and stable fine speed adjustment as well as perfect matching of e.g. two SL-1210MK7 units in DJ mode. The use of 78 rpm is activated via the main on/off switch.
Reverse play function
If the speed button and the start/stop button are pressed at the same time, the platter rotates in the opposite direction. This opens up new, creative possibilities for the DJ. *The Reverse Play function is activated via the main on/off switch.
High sensitivity tone arm
The tonearm is statically balanced in S-shape design – typical for Technics models. The tonearm tube is made of lightweight, high-strength aluminum, while the gimbal bearing section features a machined cabinet and high-precision bearing elements. This provides excellent tracking with a minimum of unwanted needle movement even under harsh conditions, such as scratching.
Needle illumination by means of bright, long-life LED
The telescopic needle illumination uses a new printing mechanism and a bright, long-lasting white LED. In addition, the illumination area as well as the exposure intensity were adjusted. Compared to previous models, this ensures better needle visibility – even in very dark environments.
Highly stable cabinet and effective damping feet
The chassis of the SL-1210MK7 is very stable and extremely low in vibration. The injection-molded aluminum chassis is firmly attached to an ABS (acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene copolymer) plastic structure reinforced with fiberglass.
The dual-layer construction provides the highest level of strength and vibration damping, ensuring faithful, dynamic sound reproduction. Feet made of a spring-rubber construction provide optimal cushioning. They also ensure stability in horizontal movement. This combination guarantees uncomplicated handling especially when scratching and very good noise immunity – even at very high sound levels.
- Type – Manual turntable with direct drive
- platter speeds – 33 1/3, 45, rpm (with switching to 78 rpm)
- Starting torque – 0.18 N・m / 1.8 kg･cm
- Start-up time – 0.7 sec. from standstill up to 33 1/3 rpm
- Synchronization fluctuations – 0.025 % WRMS
- Aluminum die casting
- Diameter: 332 mm
- Weight: Approx. 1.8 kg (including Slipmat and Slipsheet)
- Type – Universal, statically balanced
- Effective length – 230 mm
- Overhang – 15 mm
- Tracking error angle
- Within 2° 32′ (at the outer groove for a 30cm (12″) record)
- Within 0° 32′ (at the inner groove of a 30cm (12″) record)
- Offset angle – 22
- Height adjustment range for tone arm – 0-6 mm
- Adjustment range for contact pressure – 0-4g (direct reading)
- Weight of the pickup head – Approx. 7.6g
- Permissible pickup weight range
- 5.6-12.0g (without auxiliary weight)
- 14.3-20.7g (including pickup head)
- Pickup head cable lug – 1.2mmᵠ 4-pin cable lug
- Audio output
- PHONO (RCA Stereo) x 1
- Ground screw terminal x 1
- Power supply
- AC 110-240 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz
- Power consumption
- 8 watt
- Approx. 0.2 Watt (standby)
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 453 x 169 x 353 mm
- Approx. 9.6 kg
- turntable, Slipmat, Slipsheet, Dust Cover, EP Record Adapter, Balance Weight, Head Case Screw Set for Cartridge, PHONO Cable, PHONO Ground Wire, Power Cord, Manual