Bowers & Wilkins 706 S3
True to life acoustics
The powerful 706 S3 is the ideal compact speaker for outstanding sound in larger rooms.
Pin sharp details
The Carbon Dome tweeters were developed specifically for the 700 Series. They offer significant advantages over double-layer tweeters made of aluminum. Its breakup frequency is 47 kHz, which allows for highly precise and detailed sound reproduction.
Truly amazing sound
Thanks to its composite construction, the Continuum™ diaphragm prevents abrupt transitions that can affect the performance of conventional drivers. This contributes to a more open, neutral performance, and voices and instruments are reproduced with high precision and transparency.
Inspired by the greats
The new curved baffle and separate driver surrounds significantly reduce sound coloration through the case a clean, open and intense sound.
- Height: 345 mm ( case only)
- Width: 192 mm ( case only)
- Depth: 297 mm ( case only), 334 mm (incl. grill and connections)
- Net weight: 8.42kg
- Technical features: Decoupled Carbon Dome TweeterContinuum™- Membrane Bass/Midrange Flowport™.
- Description: 2-way bass reflex system
- Driver: 1x ø25mm Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter 1x ø165mm Continuum™ cone bass/midrange driver
- Frequency range: 45Hz – 33kHz
- Frequency response: 50Hz – 28kHz ±3dB
- Sensitivity: 88dB spl (2.83Vrms, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion: 2. and 3. harmonic (90dB, 1m) <1% 100Hz – 22kHz <0.5% 150Hz – 20kHz
- Impedance (Nominal): 8Ω (Minimum 3.7Ω)
- Recommended amplifier power: 30W – 120W at 8Ω undistorted
- Max. Recommended cable impedance: 0.1Ω
- case : Glossy Black, Satin White, Mocha
- Grill finishes: Black, Gray (Satin White Only)