Monitor Audio Gold 100
The Gold 100 is so consistently developed and thought out that there is no need for further compact speakers in this series. The combination of a 6½” (165 mm) C-CAM woofer/midrange, MPD high-frequency transducer, and rear HiVe II port in a compact, elegant cabinet makes this two-way speaker sound far larger than it is – it sounds closed-back, is adaptable, and is capable of more bass presence than its elegant looks would suggest.
Most importantly, it plays music accurately and precisely, getting the most out of the connected Electronic and your music as a whole. Small in this case is remarkably beautiful.
The 2-way speaker with HiVe II bass reflex technology provides perfect transient response and tighter bass due to optimized airflow. From the MPD high-frequency transducer results a clean and pleasantly smooth high-frequency reproduction up to the highest frequency ranges.
The 6.5″ woofer/midrange has the following features:
- RDT II cone technology – Specially developed sandwich cone technology of C-CAM, Nomex honeycomb core and woven carbon fiber back for incredible stiffness combined with low weight and high damping.
- DCF (Dynamic Coupling Filter) – Optimized to prevent chassis breakup at high frequencies and reduce further distortion.
Elegant and high quality
- Soft touch top case – Feels premium and gives the speaker a classy furniture-quality look
- Single-bolt-through driver technology – Provides a firm connection of the driver to the cabinet, high stiffness and at the same time best driver/baffle decoupling
- Customized magnetic grilles – Elegant appearance, almost completely transparent acoustically
- Dedicated mounting points for screwing and combining with the Monitor Audio STAND For the best tonal experience
- Principle: 2-way
- Frequency response (-6dB): 40 Hz – 50 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M): 86 dB
- Nominal impedance: 4 Ohm
- Minimum impedance: 2.8 Ohm @ 3.4 kHz
- Maximum sound pressure: 110 dBA (pair)
- Power handling (RMS): 120 watts
- Recommended integrated amp: 60 – 120 watts
- Bass principle: Bass Reflex – HiVe II port
- Crossover frequency: 2.5 kHz
- Driver concept: 1 x 61/2″ RDT II long excursion woofer – 1 x MPD high frequency transducer
- cabinet(including cover and terminals (H x W x D)): 360 x 195 x 330.6 mm
- cabinet (including feet and spikes (H x W x D)): N/A
- Weight (single): 9.12 kg
- Offered as: Pair