Bowers & Wilkins 704 S3
Bowers & Wilkins 704 S3
The 704 S3 is Bowers & Wilkins’ slimmest floor-standing speaker, yet it packs a mighty punch. Its dual Aerofoil profile woofers provide immense bass extension and dynamics, while its decoupled Continuum-Cone-FST™ driver delivers crystal clear
The basis for high frequencies
The Carbon Dome tweeters were developed specifically for the 700 Series. They offer significant advantages over double-layer tweeters made of aluminum. Its breakup frequency is 47 kHz, which allows for highly precise and detailed sound reproduction.
Truly amazing sound
Thanks to its composite construction, the Continuum™ diaphragm prevents abrupt transitions that can affect the performance of conventional drivers. This contributes to a more open, neutral performance, and voices and instruments are reproduced with high precision and transparency.
Clear and pure
Each three-way speaker in the new 700 Series features a dedicated midrange driver based on four key Bowers & Wilkins technologies: Continuum cone, FST™ technology, biomimetic suspension, and midrange decoupling that minimizes noise from the bass drivers.
A triumph of science
The bass diaphragm with Aerofoil™ profile was developed using state-of-the-art computer simulations. With its variable thickness, it provides rigidity and stability at all relevant points. The result is deep, dynamic bass.
- Height: 925 mm ( Gehäuse only), 964 mm (incl. base)
- Width: 165 mm ( Gehäuse only), 252 mm (incl. base)
- Depth: 263 mm ( Gehäuse only), 300 mm (incl. grill and connections), 321 mm (incl. base)
- Net weight: 20.53kg
- Technical features: Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter, Continuum™, FST midrange driver, Decoupled midrange driver, Aerofoil™ cone bass units, Flowport™.
- Description: 3-way bass reflex system
- Drivers: 1x ø25mm Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter, 1x ø130mm, Continuum FST(TM) midrange driver, 2x ø130mm Aerofoil™ cone bass units.
- Frequency range: 43Hz and 33kHz
- Frequency response: 48Hz – 28kHz ±3dB
- Sensitivity: 88dB spl (2.83Vrms, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion: 2. and 3. Harmonic (90dB, 1m)
<1% 100Hz – 22kHz <0.5% 300Hz – 20kHz
- Impedance: (Nominal) 8Ω (Minimum 3.1Ω)
- Recommended amplifier power: 30W – 150W at 8Ω undistorted Max.
- Recommended cable impedance: 0.1Ω
- case : Glossy Black, Satin White, Mocha
- Grill finishes: Black, Gray (Satin White Only)