Monitor Audio Gold 200
Overview of Monitor Audio Gold 200
Even though the Gold 200 is a compact floorstanding speaker, it still offers convincing sound. The three-way design consists of two 6½” (165 mm) RDT II woofers and a 2½” (64 mm) C-CAM midrange driver with an MPD high-frequency transducer, supported by two HiVe II ports.
For small to medium-sized rooms, the Gold 200 is the first choice and convinces there with its tight and structured bass, the clean and informative midrange and the finely resolved, gentle treble. Regardless of the volume setting, the Gold 200 will delight and captivate you.
The MPD high-frequency transducer provides a clean and pleasantly smooth high-frequency reproduction up to the highest frequency ranges. Two custom 6.5″ bass drivers, which are equipped with:
- RDT II cone technology – Specially developed sandwich cone technology of C-CAM, Nomex honeycomb core and woven carbon fiber back for incredible stiffness combined with low weight and high damping.
- DCF (Dynamic Coupling Filter) – Optimized to prevent chassis breakup at high frequencies and reduce further distortion.
- Dual HiVe II bass reflex technology – Perfect transient response and tighter bass due to optimized airflow
- Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling – Highest transmission quality through the entire signal chain
- Soft touch top case – Feels premium and gives the speaker a classy furniture-quality look
- Single-bolt-through driver technology – Provides a firm connection of the driver to the cabinet, high stiffness and at the same time best driver/baffle decoupling
- Customized magnetic grilles – Elegant appearance, almost completely transparent acoustically
- Rugged cast metal outrigger feet with spike or rubber base for carpets or hard floors – Provide an attractive appearance and require less floor space
- Principle: 3-way
- Frequency response (-6dB): 35 Hz – 50 kHz
- Sensitivity ([email protected]): 88 dB
- Nominal impedance: 4 Ohm
- Minimum impedance: 3.4 Ohm @ 1 kHz
- Maximum sound pressure: 114 dBA (pair)
- Power handling (RMS): 200 watts
- Recommended integrated amp: 80 – 200 watts
- Bass principle: Bass Reflex – Dual HiVe II port
- Crossover frequency: L.F/ M.F: 650 Hz – M.F/ H.F: 3.5 kHz
- Driver concept: 2 x 61/2″ RDT II long excursion woofers – 1 x 21/2″ C-CAM midrange driver – 1 x MPD high frequency transducer
- cabinet(including cover and terminals (H x W x D)): 950 x 195 x 330.6 mm
- cabinet(including feet and spikes (H x W x D)): 997 x 282.8 x 387.8 mm
- Weight (single): 21.86 kg
- Offered as: Pair